We’re due for another free knitting patterns post! And this week we have something special… or let’s say different!
So far, if you’re seen our previous free pattern roundups, we’ve focused mostly on women’s clothes and accessories, baby clothes and items, and also some home accessories. We’ve been online now since 2013 so it is about time we dedicate a patterns post to men’s items!
This week we’ve chosen to focus on men’s cardigans; we’ve chosen a variety of truly lovely, gorgeous and definitely cosy cardigan styles to share with you all, and of course the knitting difficulty required for these projects is mixed, so whether you’re looking for beginner, intermediate or advanced projects… you’ll find something here to suit your skills for sure!
All these lovely cardigans will definitely make the men wearing them more handsome 🙂 With Christmas pretty much round the corner, these also make ideal gifts!
As usual, each link will take you to the website where the free pattern is available and you’ll be able to download your patterns. Some websites might required that you register with them first to access the pattern, but I’ve only shared those requiring free registrations… so there’s no cost to you.
- Patons Dad’s Zip Front Jacket
- Men’s V-Neck Cable Cardigan by Julie Farmer for Red Heart
- Winter Lodge Cardigan by DROPS Design
- Bernat I’m the Dude Jacket
- Cedric Cardigan by DROPS Design
- Patons Warm-up Jacket and Hat
- Lewis Cardigan by Martin Storey for Rowan
- Patons Transitions Cardigan
- Caron Adult Knit V-Neck Cardigan
- Men’s Colorblock Zip Jacket by Wallace Shaw for Tahki Stacy Charles
- Thorpe Cardigan by Martin Storey for Rowan
- Firecracker by DROPS Design
- Patons Dad’s Cardigan
- Fell Cardigan by Martin Storey for Rowan
- Men’s Jacket with Pattern & Shawl Collar (Extra 0-813) by DROPS design
- Patons Hooded Jacket (for men)
- Major Cardigan by Martin Storey for Rowan
- Jackson Cardigan by DROPS Design
- His & Hers Fair Isle Cardigans by Bernat
- Morris by Martin Storey for Rowan
- Man’s Hooded Cardigan
- Finnley Cardigan by DROPS Design
If you are new to KnittingWomen.com, don’t forget to check out our archive of free knitting patterns posts… we’ve shared lots throughout the years! Here are some of our favourites: 33 Baby Blankets, 50 Baby Booties, 30 Chunky Blankets and Afghans, 27 Cushion Covers, 20 Tea Cosies, 35 Items for Premature Babies, 6 Patterns for Breast Hats, 60+ Scarf Patterns, 24 Mug Coasters, 27 Washcloths (and some dishcloths too!), 23 Baby Hats, 45+ Baby Cardigans, 40+ Gloves, 40 Beginner Patterns, 18 Leg Warmers, 21 Boot Cuffs, 6 Cushion Covers, 7 Adorable Baby Cardigans. 10 Lovely Women’s Cardigans, The Cutest 11 Baby Booties (Ever!), 10 Beginner Knitting Patterns for Fun Toys, 10 Women’s Spring & Summer Dresses, 10 Precious Baby Cocoons and Sleepsacks, 15 Stylish Bags and Totes and 30+ Free Knitting Patterns for Ladies Jackets.
Please note: Each link points you to the page where you can access the free knitting pattern; all these have been checked so as to ensure they are totally free of charge at the time of publishing. Some websites might require that you register with them before being able to access the pattern, but this is also free.