In this video tutorial Liat Gat, of Knitting Superstar, shows us how to make an invisible ribbed bind-off: A stretchy invisible bind-off for 1×1 ribbing.
To do the invisible ribbed bind-off, cut a long tail of at least 6 times the circumference of the project you want to bind off. Thread the tail on a tapestry needle.
- go purlwise into stitch 1 (the stitch closest to the needle-tip)
- go knitwise FROM THE BACK into stitch 2.
Identify stitches 1, 2, 3, and 4. These labels do not change until you finish the repeat.
- go knitwise into stitch 1, remove stitch from needle
- go purlwise into stitch 3
- go purlwise into stitch 2, remove stitch from needle
- go knitwise FROM THE BACK into stitch 4
An easy mantra to repeat:
- knit off purl,
- purl off knit
This video tutorial was created and is brought to you by Liat Gat, the web’s premier knitting instructor, who is also the creator of the most comprehesive video knitting course around: Become a Knitting Superstar.
You can also download an illustration of how to do this bind-off here.
Incoming search terms:
- invisible cast off knitting